Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
UNIT CODE: CPCCWHS1001
This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the participant to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
100% Face to Face Training
Group Size: 12
Duration: 1 day
Cost: Quote on Request. Call us on 02 4340 8288
Location: Onsite or at our training facility
How to enroll:
Phone: (02) 4340 8288, Monday to Friday between 8am – 4pm
On successful completion of this training, Participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes.
- Identify incident and emergency response procedures.
For more details on Course Content visit www.training.gov.au
You will be issued with a Statement of Attainment CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry by Workplace Industry Training (RTO 40965) . This certificate is nationally recognised
Prerequisites for this Course
- Applicants must be 14 years of age or over
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English*
- Complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment*
- Must have a USI or obtain a USI prior to course, or, WIT can apply on the Learner's request
*Any concerns with literacy or numeracy please contact us.
What we supply
- Materials and stationary
- Well maintained equipment
- PPE (Students are encouraged to bring their own)
What to Bring
- 100 points of identification (EOI Information Sheet)
- Appropriate clothing and enclosed footwear for classroom activities.
- Please bring your lunch
For more information please contact us
Costs are subject to change, please contact Administration (prices include a $50 non-refundable administration fee)
- Adjustments to training duration may be available depending on learner’s skills, knowledge and experience. Please contact us if you require any further information
- Courses are subject to change without notice, e.g. due to unforeseen circumstances.
- All students are highly encouraged to revise daily theory content to ensure the best possible result.
- If deemed not yet competent the applicant is unable to sit for the SafeWork NSW assessment, Reassessment will be organised by administration. Fees may apply
A copy of our refund policy is located in the Student's Handbook