Provide First Aid
UNIT CODE: HLTAID011
To provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty in line with first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
HLTAID011 Provide first aid applies to all persons who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
100% Face To Face Training
NOTE: CPR training must be updated (“refreshed”) every 12 months.
Group Size: 8
Duration: 1 day
Location: Onsite or at our training facility
How to enroll:
Phone: (02) 4340 8288, Monday to Friday between 8am – 4pm
On successful completion of this program, Participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Review the incident
For more details on Course Content visit www.training.gov.au
- You will be issued with a Statement of Attainment HLTAID011 Provide First Aid & HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation by Workplace Industry Training (RTO 40965) . This certificate is nationally recognised.
Prerequisites for this Course
- Applicants must be 14 years of age or over
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English*
- Complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment*
- Must have a USI or obtain a USI prior to course, or, WIT can apply on the Learner's request
- Fitness to participant
- Able to perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR on both an adult and an infant resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
*Any concerns with literacy or numeracy please contact us
What we supply
- Materials and stationary
- Adult & Infant Mannequins
- Pre-work pack
- First Aid Kits
- Training Defibrillators
- Water, Tea and Coffee facilities available
What to Bring
- Appropriate clothing and enclosed footwear for classroom activities.
- Completed pre-work pack
For more information please contact us
Costs are subject to change, please contact Training Administration (prices include a $50 non-refundable administration fee)
- NOTE: CPR training must be updated ("refreshed") every 12 months
- Adjustments to training duration may be available depending on learner’s skills, knowledge and experience. Please contact us if you require any further information
- Courses are subject to change without notice, e.g. due to unforeseen circumstances.
- All students are highly encouraged to revise daily theory content to ensure the best possible result.
A copy of our refund policy is located in the Student's Handbook